We publish and feature books that promote conceptual change learning and professional development of teachers.
- Teaching for K-12 Mathematical Understanding Using the Conceptual Change Model
- Conceptual Change Model: The CCM Handbook
- Targeting Physical Science Misconceptions using the Conceptual Change Model
Custom Writing, Editing, Publishing
We contract to provide varying degrees of assistance for projects, from manuscript development (organization, editing, rewriting) to physical publication of a project. We particularly emphasize clear communication based on an understanding of the target audience for the report, article, chapter, or book.
The Leafy Spurge Invasion project (Rangeland Management Case Study and Role-Play Scenario) for the University of Wyoming is an example of a complex project that we were able to fulfill. Each completed unit included materials for a classroom of 30 students. Each unit had to be durable enough for repeated use and storage.
Our work for this multi-part case study and role-play project included:
- Editing and formatting of the Teachers’ Manual
- Editing, design, and layout of the student Newsletter
- Selection of papers for the manual, newsletter, maps, and map overlays
- Custom design of a protective portfolio for the maps and overlays
- Custom design of a holder for the data CD
- Custom development of an interior box of exact dimensions for the contents
- Custom design and development of a slipcase for protection and display, as on a bookshelf
- Bidding and personal interaction with the printer on all aspects of project fulfillment
Assist with Project and Proposal Development
Saiwood Resources — of which Saiwood Publications is an activity — also specializes in project development and documentation. This includes planning and writing grant proposals and strategic project organization, including alignment of goals, objectives, evaluation, personnel, timetable, and budget.